Introducing Palettes by Winesburg Furniture
We are very excited to announce that we are now offering Palettes by Winesburg Furniture. They work in a lot of different woods, stains, paints, and finishes. The furniture is solid and exquisite. Check out some of the options available on our showroom floor now! USA MADE
Also check out our YouTube video of it here!
All About Talalay
Interested in learning more about Talalay latex? Click the link to watch the video on how Talalay is made and why it is such a great mattress component!
Making the Comfort Collection Firm Mattress
Many customers ask us to take photos or videos of their mattresses being made. We captured some moments making the Comfort Collection Firm mattress.
Click the image above to watch the video or click here!
DIY: Refresh your Mattress
Sometimes your mattress needs some attention. You spend a third of your life in bed after all! Along with refreshing your bed, this easy cleaning DIY ensures a better nights sleep. The addition of essential oils gently scents your mattress.
What you need
- Baking Soda
- Essential oil (lavender is most popular)
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mason jar (Not necessary, but if you did not want to use the entire box of baking soda, use this tip)
- Before beginning, flip or rotate your mattress. You should do this about every 6 months to achieve even wear of your mattress. While working on your mattress, refresh your linens by throwing your sheets and comforters in the washer and dryer.
- Open the box and add 10 to 20 drops of your essential oil. Lavender is most popular but chamomile, sandalwood, and others are calming as well. Close the lid and shake the box. *If you did not want to use the whole box, pour into a mason jar with drops of essential oil. Cover the mason jar with the metal lid and give a god shake. Then replace the metal with construction paper with holes to make a shaker top.
- Sprinkle over the mattress. Rub the mixture in to bed.
- Let sit for 1 to 2 hours. *Hint: This is a great time to wipe down the walls, furniture, clean under the bed - all to ensure your sleep environment is nice and clean!
- Vacuum up all the baking soda mixture from your mattress. Then add your freshly washed linens. Now you are ready for a nap!
Featuring: The Response Plus
This new beauty on our showroom is a big comfy hit - bringing us lots of great naps! Love the feel of memory foam but hate the heat? Look no further than our supportive Response Plus made with the newest technology. Masterful combination of technology and support without the extremely high cost of 100% memory foam.
Better than memory foam, this mattress is enhanced with supportive air technology, increasing the level of support without compromising on comfort. Supportive air technology reduces pressure on critical areas of the body. Unlike memory foam, this mattress sleeps cool. It is not temperature sensitive so heat dissipates quickly keeping you cool and dry.
Product Details and Benefits
- Extra Supportive High Density/High Resiliency Core
- Supportive Air Technology Comfort Layer
- Heat dissipates quickly
- Reduced motion transfer
- Pressure relieving
- Made in the USA
- 10 year warranty
Prodigy 2.0 Adjustable Bed Review
The completely redesigned Prodigy 2.0 adjustable base features our all-new MicroHook™ retention system that keeps mattresses from slipping, eliminating the need for mattress retainer bars. The industry-first capacitive-touch remote and an exclusive app for Apple and Android devices lets you adjust your bed to the most comfortable position effortlessly.
New Features Include:
Capacitive-touch remote. The Prodigy 2.0 adjustable base comes with the industry's first capacitive-touch remote control. The remote offers many features including programmable positions and a snore button. A convenient table-top holder for the remote is included to keep comfort within your reach.
App controls. App controls are now included for both Apple and Android devices, bringing the Prodigy 2.0 base to a new level of function. A sleep timer, a gentle-wake alarm, massage wave, and more are included in the app.
MicroHook™ retention system. Our all-new MicroHook™ retention system keeps your mattress from slipping as the base articulates, removing the need for a mattress retainer bar at the foot of your bed and giving your room a sleeker, more modern look.
Pillow-tilt articulation. Optimize your comfort with the addition of pillow tilt, which adjusts to support your head while you read, work, or watch TV in bed.
Full-body massage. The fully adjustable dual massage, built into the adjustable base, incorporates our wave technology. You can adjust the intensity of the waves through the app, giving you extreme relaxation from head to toe.
USB ports. Located on either side of the base, two 4-port USB hubs allow you to charge up to eight USB devices from the comfort of your bed.
Under-bed lighting. Under-bed lighting provides ambience and functionality. Turn under-bed lighting on and off using your remote control or the app.
Wallhugger® engineering. Leggett & Platt's innovation team developed state-of-the-art technology that puts you at the center of the bed's motion. While other adjustable bases lift your upper body away from the wall - and away from your nightstand - bases with Wallhugger engineering lift you up while simultaneously gliding you back. That means your favorite book and the remote are within reach whenever you're ready for them.
The prodigy 2.0 is now here on our showroom floor! Click here for our complete product review!
5 Reasons to Choose a Talalay Latex Mattress
- Talalay is Healthy.The Talalay latex we use comes from Shelton, CT and is Oeko-Tek Certified. This certification verifies that the talalay latex does not contain harmful substances or pose a health risk to consumers. Very few latex manufacturers in the world meet these high standards.
- Talalay is good for the environment. Talalay Latex Rubber is made using an eco-friendly production method. The Talalay process features natural, biodegradable ingredients that come from renewable resources and water-based raw materials: natural latex, air and water. Latex is a rubber-based material that comes from the tropical hevea brasiliensis tree. These trees have a 25-year productive life and they have a strong effect on the environment as they quickly absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and help reduce greenhouse emissions.
- Talalay is Hypoallergenic. Natural mold and mildew resistant. Dust mite resistant. Inherently antibacterial and antifungal.
- Talalay is Breathable. Talalay mattresses and pillows breathe up to 7 times better than other latex or foam products, allowing for a cooler sleep. Many mattresses and pillows are made of materials that don’t allow your body heat to dissipate, which can interrupt sleep. Talalay Latex rubber has a breathable design and cell structure that provides a temperature neutral environment
- Made in the USA. All of the Talalay Latex we use is manufactured by Talalay Global (formerly Latex International) in Shelton, CT, USA
Making Mattress Handles
We love sharing and wanted to share how we sew on our mattress handles to our mattresses. We use all natural cotton fabric for the handles. Click here to watch our video on YouTube!
Custom Airplane Toppers
Last week we had the pleasure of creating some custom airplane toppers for a private jet! The jet has seats that fold out to lay in. In order to create more comfort, we created some toppers! Click here to watch our video on how we sewed the toppers!
Sleep & Technology
Technology has an impact on our sleep. Cell phones, tablets, computers, and other electronic devices have become such a huge part of our daily lives that it is often hard to disconnect, even at bed time! Keeping your phone on your nightstand might not seem like a big deal, but between surfing the web or playing a game on your phone before bed you're probably keeping yourself from a restful night's sleep.
Melatonin Suppressant. The blue light emitted by screens (on cell phones, tablets, televisions, & computers) restrains the production of melatonin in the body. Melatonin is a hormone that helps control the sleep/wake cycle. Give yourself at least 30 minutes to 1 hour of screen free time before going to sleep at night.
Alert Brain. It may seem harmless, playing a few quick rounds of candy crush, sending some emails, or scroll through the news but by keeping your mind engaged your mind is tricked into staying awake longer. After spending a good portion of your day with technology, it is wise to unwind during the end of the day without it.
To read more on how technology impacts sleep, please read this article from the National Sleep Founation.